Key Stage One Class Teacher
The children, staff and Governing Body of Sedbergh Primary School are seeking to appoint a committed and inspirational Key Stage 1 teacher to join our dedicated team from September 2022. This is a full time, permanent position and both ECTs and experienced staff are welcome to apply.
The successful candidate will;
- Have a passion for education and be able to demonstrate consistently good and outstanding classroom practice
- Have high expectations of our pupils and be able to support children of all abilities through inclusive practice
- Demonstrate a commitment to achieving high standards and excellent progress for all
- Be able to build positive relationships with pupils, staff and parents
- Be a positive role model to pupils and other staff, demonstrating high levels of motivation and enthusiasm
- Be able to work as part of an effective and dedicated team
- Be flexible, supportive and committed to the life of the school
We can offer you;
- A strong, supportive and experienced staff team
- Enthusiastic, thoughtful and well-mannered children
- School values that are integral to school life
- Opportunities for continuing, supportive professional development
Sedbergh Primary School is a medium sized (NOR 155), rural primary school based in the town of Sedbergh at the western border of the Yorkshire Dales National Park. We are a vibrant learning community who teach and nurture a group of bright and enthusiastic children. We have a dedicated staff team who work together toward a shared ethos. We are passionate about children achieving their full potential and becoming ready to live as citizens of the modern world.
Sedbergh Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and well-being of its pupils, engages with young people and staff in Policy and practice developments, proactively encourages feedback and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, which include a satisfactory enhanced DBS check (to include a children’s barred list check), references, Right to Work in the UK and a work place health assessment.
Visits to the school are highly recommended and will be warmly welcomed. Please contact the school office on 015396 20510 to arrange this. (Please note the school is closed for the Easter break from 2nd April and will reopen on 19th April)
An application form can be downloaded from the school website www.sedberghprimary.org.uk
All applications, including a completed application form and a supporting letter of no more than 3 sides of A4, should be emailed to email@example.com before the closing date below, for the attention of the Headteacher and Governing Body. Please do not post paper copies of application documents.
Closing date for applications is 12noon on Friday 6th May 2022.
Interviews will be held the week commencing Monday 16th May 2022 – you will be contacted directly if invited to attend.
All posts involving direct contact with children are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. However, amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975 (2013 & 2020) provide that certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’. These are not subject to disclosure to employers and cannot be taken into account. Guidance and criteria on the filtering of these cautions and convictions can be found on the Ministry of Justice website or see here.
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete a self-disclosure form to provide details of all unspent convictions and those that would not be filtered or protected, prior to the date of the interview. You may be asked for further information about your criminal history during the recruitment process. If your application is successful, this self-disclosure information will be checked against information from the Disclosure & Barring Service before your appointment is confirmed.