Welcome to Elder 1 – Nursery
In our EYFS we aim to provide a challenging and stimulating environment with an engaging curriculum designed to enable all children to reach their potential.
Below you will find all the information needed about our fabulous nursery. Throughout the year this page will be updated with news and pictures to show you the fun we have in our nursery class.
Our Nursery offers both 15 and 30 hours provision. This is free for parents who are eligible – check www.gov.uk to find out if you may be eligible. If you aren’t, we can still offer 30 hours at a cost. Please speak to Mrs Scarr in the office or any member of the EYFS team if you want more information about Nursery provision.
September 2021 Welcome Letter
Dear Parents and carers,
Welcome to the new school year! Mrs. White and I very much enjoyed welcoming some of the nursery children back last Thursday and are looking forward to seeing all of the children in the coming week.
Our aim over the next few weeks is to allow the children to settle in to our school as we want them to feel safe and happy in our care. Our initial focus is ‘Getting to know me’, so we will be doing lots of talking about ourselves, people in our family, our likes and dislikes. Therefore, it would be lovely if you could send in (or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org) any pictures of your family, as this will encourage your child to talk about them to us. It would be nice to have these pictures on show as part of our family classroom display. Also, if you have any pictures of birthday celebrations which include your child, that would be lovely to go on our birthday display board. After our initial settling in period, we will be focussing on Autumn and recognising the changes that are happening all around us.
Our P.E. day is Tuesday so please send your child in comfortable clothes and trainer type footwear that will enable them to move freely. On Wednesday afternoons, we will join with Reception and enjoy ‘Welly Wednesday’ down in our lovely woodland area. Your child will need a pair of named wellies in school for this session – ideally these wellies should stay in school all the time as there are occasions when we might go for a walk, especially during our Autumn topic. A waterproof coat is also a must.
A few other reminders:
- All children need to have a complete change of clothes in school (including underwear and socks please)
- We would be grateful if you could put your child’s snack and drinks bottle on the top shelf of the blue nursery snack trolley and their packed lunch underneath – this makes it easier for the children to grab their snack at snack time and their drink throughout the day
- If you are sending grapes with your child, cut them lengthways to reduce the risk of choking. Please do not send full grapes with your child
- If you have not returned your completed Dojo letter, please do as soon as possible so we can start sending updates about your child’s day. Once I have all the letters back I will be able to set up the nursery class account and we will be able to communicate with you on there. Please let me or Mrs. White know if you need a Dojo letter
- If your child attends on Fridays, they will be in with the reception class – run by our reception teacher Mrs. Jones. Friday afternoon is P.E. so please send your child in suitable clothing
- To avoid congestion in the EYFS entrance and for health and safety reasons, at drop off, please wait with your child outside by the EYFS door until a member of the nursery staff comes and meets them. At the end of your child’s session, your child will be brought out to you
During the next week your child will come home with a book bag (unless they already have one) and details of their key worker. You will also receive info about setting up Class Dojo too, once all the permission slips are back.
Hopefully, the above and the welcome booklet you received before summer should cover everything, however, should you have any other questions please don’t hesitate to speak to us or you can send me an e-mail directly. A copy of the welcome booklet is on the Nursery page on our website (www.sedberghprimary.org.uk). If you have any issues locating the nursery page on the website or Class Dojo, please let me know.
We look forward to working with you and your child this coming year.
Mrs. Stephenson and Mrs. White