Welcome to Elder 1 – Nursery
In our EYFS we aim to provide a challenging and stimulating environment with an engaging curriculum designed to enable all children to reach their potential.
Below you will find all the information needed about our fabulous nursery. Throughout the year Class Dojo will be updated with news and pictures to show you the fun we have in our nursery class.
Our Nursery offers both 15 and 30 hours provision. This is free for parents who are eligible – check www.gov.uk to find out if you may be eligible. If you aren’t, we can still offer 30 hours at a cost. Please speak to Mrs Scarr in the office or any member of the EYFS team if you want more information about Nursery provision.
September 2023 Welcome Letter
Dear Parents and Carers,
We warmly welcome all new and returning parents and children to our Nursery class (Elder 1) at the start of this new school year. Miss Chapman and Mrs White very much enjoyed welcoming some of the Nursery children back this week and enjoyed seeing new faces.
Our aim over the next few weeks is to allow the children to settle in to our school as we want them to feel safe and happy in our care. Our focus this half term is ‘Bears’. It would be lovely if you could send in (or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org) any pictures of your family and pets as this will encourage your child to talk about them to us. We would like to have these pictures on show as part of our ‘home’ display area. This will be added to the self-portraits they drew last week.
Our P.E. day is Tuesday so please send your child in comfortable clothes and trainer type footwear that will enable them to move freely. On Wednesday afternoons, we will enjoy ‘Welly Wednesday’ down in our lovely woodland area. Your child will need a pair of named wellies in school for this session – ideally these wellies should stay in school all the time as there are occasions when we might go for a walk, especially during our Autumn topic. We do have plenty of spare wellies in school if needed. A waterproof coat is also a must.
A few other reminders:
- All children need to have a complete change of clothes in school (including underwear and socks please) in a named bag.
- We would be grateful if you could put your child’s snack and drinks bottle on the top shelf of the blue nursery snack trolley and their packed lunch underneath – this makes it easier for the children to grab their snack at snack time and their drink throughout the day. Please also name lunch boxes, snacks and drinks.
- If you have not returned your completed Dojo letter, please do as soon as possible so we can start sending updates about your child’s day. Once I have all the letters back we will be able to set up the nursery class account and we will be able to communicate with you on there. Please let Mrs White or me know if you need another Dojo letter.
- If your child attends on nursery on Fridays, they will be in with the Reception class – run by our Reception Teacher and EYFS Lead, Mrs Jones with Miss Brewer.
- To avoid congestion in the EYFS entrance and for health and safety reasons, at drop off, please wait with your child outside by the EYFS door until a member of the nursery staff comes and meets them. At the end of your child’s session, your child will be brought out to you.
Each day the children will choose a book from the Nursery book box to bring home in their book bags. Pictures and letters might also be in your child’s book bag when it comes home. These can be taken out to keep at home.
Our aim is to make Nursery as happy, enjoyable and as memorable as possible for your child/children. We are really looking forward to the school year and working with you and your children. If you have any questions throughout the year, please do not hesitate to ask.
Miss Chapman and Mrs White