As Headteacher of Sedbergh Primary School I am delighted to welcome you to our website. Within these pages we hope that you can find everything you need to know about our wonderful school. If not, please use the ‘contact us’ page to get in touch.
Sedbergh Primary School caters for children aged from three (in the Nursery class) up to eleven. There is one class per year group, and currently in school we have 193 pupils including our Nursery children.
To embrace individuality, teach independent learning, nurture resilience and help pupils develop transferable skills.
- To provide a balanced and varied curriculum, that makes learning exciting, challenging and enjoyable for all.
- To further develop our school family feeling and positive community links, with an awareness and respect for diversity.
- To develop a more holistic approach to continuity and progression in learning across the school.
- To challenge every child to achieve their full potential.
Our highly committed and valued staff, working in partnership with parents, governors and all stakeholders, will ensure Sedbergh Primary is a school where:
- Effective teamwork forms the basis of a professional and motivated staff who always put children first
- A caring ethos that nurtures positive relationships, with everybody equally valued, celebrated and proud of their achievements
- An engaging, relevant and fun curriculum ensures children are well prepared for education, work and life
- A culture of challenge and high expectation is promoted to maximise individual potential and create an outstanding workforce
- An awareness of self, community and global issues that fosters responsible behaviour with a respect for British values
- Children are taught in a stimulating learning environment with high quality resources.
The school has gained several awards including the Healthy Schools Standard, PE Activemark, Chartermark for Inclusion and the kite mark for Early Excellence in Education and Playwise.
Nursery Provision – January 2017 – Exciting News!
Exciting news! From January 2017 we are hoping to offer full time Nursery provision here in school, this includes children…Read More
Harvest Festival – 19th October 2016 2.30pm
As a result of a clash with the upcoming cross-country event we are now having our Harvest Festival on Wednesday…Read More
Sedbergh Primary School Newsletters
Please find October’s newsletter here. Please find September’s newsletter here.Read More