ESSENTIAL INFORMATION FOR CHILDREN REGISTERED TO ATTEND ‘PRIORITY CHILDCARE’ AT SEDBERGH PRIMARY SCHOOL
Your child can only attend our school if you have notified us that you require ‘Priority Childcare’ using the school app ‘Priority Childcare Request’ form. You will have had a response from school to confirm that your child has a place. Please note the following (based on NHS professional guidance);
Children should arrive at 8.30am and wait in the playground. Parents are asked to stay outside the school gates. (Nursery and Reception children should wait with parents). All children will be collected by their teachers and taken to the classroom.
We will maintain our three bubbles – Foundation Stage children, KS1 and KS2
The children will be asked to maintain social distancing wherever possible.
Inside school, KS1 and KS2 children will sit at desks.
- They need to bring their own stationary, equipment. (Please do not bring in any soft or furry.) These will be wiped on arrival.
- We will continue with our routine handwashing procedures for all.
- The children should arrive each day in freshly laundered clothes. There will be a mixture of inside and outdoor activities (weather and staffing permitting) so please select clothes to suit the weather.
- If any child displays any symptoms of any illness they will be quarantined in school and you will be contacted to collect them immediately. Siblings of these children will also be sent home immediately.
- Can parents please organise a packed lunch where possible. If that is going to pose a particular problem for you, please can you let us know as soon as possible.
- If you work part-time please collect the children from school when you are not at work.
The children will be brought to the top playground at 3.30pm each day to be collected.
This all sounds very serious and draconian because it is. We have a responsibility to protect the children who are accessing ‘priority childcare’ and our staff for as long as possible. Bringing this group together increases the risk of transmission and risks many in our community becoming unwell when we need them to be healthy. If you are unhappy with the above arrangements, we understand, but you will have to make the necessary childcare arrangements elsewhere for the duration of the school closure. Please recognise that everyone involved is trying their best and thank you for your patience and understanding.